The Boehringer Ingelheim group is one of the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical companies. Headquartered in Ingelheim, Germany, it operates globally with 135 affiliates in 47 countries and 39,800 employees. Since it was founded in 1885, the family-owned company has been committed to researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing novel products of high therapeutic value for human and veterinary medicine.
In 2007, Boehringer Ingelheim posted net sales of 10.9 billion euro while spending one fifth of net sales in its largest business segment Prescription Medicines on research and development.
For more information please visit http://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com
Please be advised
This release is from Boehringer Ingelheim Corporate Headquarters in Germany. Please be aware that there may be national differences between countries regarding specific medical information, including licensed uses. Please take account of this when referring to the information provided in this document. This press release is not intended for distribution within the USA.
* ECOG Definition: The Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group performance status are scales and criteria used by doctors and researchers to assess how a patient's disease is progressing, assess how the disease affects the daily living activities of the patient, and determine appropriate treatment and prognosis.
(1) Hilberg, F et al. Cancer Res 2008;68(12):4774-82.
(2) von Pawel J et al. J Thorac Oncol. 2008; 3(Suppl 1): Abstract 163O (oral presentation).
(3) Hanna N et al. 12th World Conference on Lung Cancer, Seoul, South Korea, 2-6 September, 17 Nov. (4) - Camidge R et al. J Clin Oncol 26: 2008 (May 20 suppl; abstr 3567).
(5) Data on file. Boehringer Ingelheim.
Contact: Julia Meyer-Kleinmann, Science & Technology Communications, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Tel.: +49-6132-77-8271, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org