Tel: +49(89)7808728 (Office)
Kennesha Baldwin, Director of Media Relations
Heart Rhythm Society
1. AFIB Global Survey of Cardiologists, Harris Poll on behalf of Daiichi Sankyo and the Heart Rhythm Society, July 15 - Aug 07, 27 Nov. (Data on file) - .
2. Camm, A. et al. Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation: the Task Force for the Management of Atrial Fibrillation of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). European Heart Journal. 2010;31:2369-429.
3. Lin, H., Wolf, P. A., Kelly-Hayes, M. & Benjamin, E. J. Stroke Severity in Atrial Fibrillation. Stroke. 1996;27:1760-1764.
4. Lamassa, M. et al. Characteristics, outcome, and care of stroke associated with atrial fibrillation in Europe: data from a multicenter multinational hospital-based registry (The European Community Stroke Project). Stroke. 2001;32:392-8.
5. Patient.co.uk. Atrial fibrillation. Available at: http://www.patient.co.uk/pdf/4198.pdf . Updated 2012. Last accessed August 2014.
6. Ball, J et al. Atrial fibrillation: Profile and burden of an evolving epidemic in the 21st century. Int J Card 2013; 167:1807-1824.
7. Go, A S et al. Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics -- 2013 Update: A Report From the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2013;127:6-245.
8. Zimerman, Ll. et al. Sociedade Brasileira de Cardiologia [Brazillian guidelines on atrial fibrilation]. Arq Bras Cardiol. 2009;92:1-39.
9. Inoue, H et al. Prevalence of atrial fibrillation in the general population of Japan: An analysis based on periodic health examination. Int J Cardiol 2009 Oct 2;137(2):102-7.
10. World Health Organization. The top 10 causes of death. July 2013. Available at: who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs310/en/. Last accessed August 2014.