Interim dividend of INR 30 per share (app. $ 0.49 per ADS)
1:1 bonus issue of equity shares and 1:1 stock dividend of American Depositary Shares, to increase liquidity of its shares and expand the retail shareholder base
Consolidated results under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for the quarter ended September 30, 10 Oct. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130122/589162 ) -
Quarter ended September 30, 2014
- Revenues were $ 2,201 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2014
QoQ growth was 3.1% in reported terms; 3.9% in constant currency terms
YoY growth was 6.5%
- Net profit was $ 511 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2014
QoQ growth was 6.0%
YoY growth was 33.4%
- Earnings per share (EPS) was $ 0.89 for the quarter ended September 30, 2014
QoQ growth was 6.0%
YoY growth was 32.8%
- Liquid assets including cash and cash equivalents, available-for-sale
financial assets, certificates of deposits and government bonds were $ 5,444 million
as on September 30, 2014 as compared to $ 4,943 million as on June 30, 2014.
- Infosys has pledged INR 254 crore ($ 42 million) for FY 15 towards Corporate
Social Responsibility (CSR) through the Infosys Foundation - its philanthropic arm.
The Infosys Foundation is engaged in several programs aimed at alleviating hunger,
promoting education, improving health, assisting rural development, supporting arts
and helping the destitute.
- Infosys and its subsidiaries added 49 clients (gross) during the quarter.
- Gross addition of 14,255 employees during the quarter.
- 165,411 employees as on September 30, 2014 for Infosys and its subsidiaries.
- Declared an interim dividend of INR 30 per share (equivalent to interim
dividend of app. $ 0.49 per ADS at the exchange rate of INR 61.00). The record date
for payment of dividend is October 17, 2014.
- The Board in its meeting held on October 10, 2014 has considered, approved and
recommended a bonus issue of one equity share for every equity share held and a stock
dividend of one American Depositary Share (ADS) for every ADS held, as on a record
date to be determined.
"Digital transformation is reshaping the business of every one of our clients. We see this as a great opportunity to help them renew the core of their business as well as to expand into new frontiers and are seeing early positive results," said Dr. Vishal Sikka, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director. "Our strategy is to apply the same principles to our own business in order to capture this opportunity and accelerate our growth, within our culture of lifelong learning and purposeful work."
"On several fronts, our efforts to bring in operational efficiencies yielded encouraging results during the quarter," said U. B. Pravin Rao, Chief Operating Officer. "We have seen positive results of some of our interventions on sales, margins and attrition, and we will continue to focus on these areas."
"We have been able to improve our margins during the quarter and feel confident of sustaining these within a narrow band," said Rajiv Bansal, Chief Financial Officer. "This is giving us increased confidence to make the investments required to meet our growth aspirations."
The company's outlook (consolidated) for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2015, under IFRS is as follows:
- Revenues are expected to grow 7%-9% in USD terms
Conversion: AUD / USD - 0.87; Euro / USD - 1.26; GBP / USD - 1.62 for rest of fiscal 2015 (exchange rates as of Sep 30th, 2014)